Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Lighter Side of My Job


Well since it's been a while for a comment or post from yours truely I thought I'd share something new in my little slice of the world. I just got done winning the Cincinnati CANstruction competition with my firm. We had to make an 8' x 8' structure using only cans and cardboard or masonite (harder than cardboard). We didn't use anything else but gravity and the cans for support and ended up getting Kermit up to 10' tall and 9' wide. He's not all cans inside (actually hollow) but it gives a cool effect nonetheless. So we won the overall prize and I thought that was pretty cool. I'm having fun catching up on everyone's stuff and I'll get to responding to all the stuff. Love ya'll.

5 comments:

Brad said...

Proper, Tommy K!!!

As hard as it is to just be green, it really ain't easy being green and hollow and made of cans.

Tommy K said...

ha ha ha. that was our slogan but with a twist.."it CAN be easy bein green." kinda cheesy but it seemed to work. plus all the food we collected was donated to the food bank which was cool too. not bad for six young architects.

Adam Tamashasky said...

Tommy, that's sweet. You guys could have raffled out the chance to run and crash into the frog.

Brad said...

Tamo, would you call that a "canned food DIVE?"...oh, because...riiiiight.

Yeah, baby!

Tom, the project is even cooler to know that you donated all the canned food.

RogE-P said...

that's awesome stuff TK! I'm amazed at how you got the upper portion of Kermit's mouth to stay open! super cool that the food bank got all the stuff too. and, by the by, sweet pic of Doc Brown for your blogger image! One point twenty-one gigawatts!?!!