Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hooding


Here's a photo from the hooding ceremony for the MFT program. The woman in the middle is my supervisor, Jamie. The man on the right is Kevin, one of my professors. The man and woman on the left need no introduction.


This photo needs a short explanation. Music has been an important part of my cohort's experience at Antioch. So, I rewrote the words from the Thompson Twins' song "Hold Me Now" to express my version of "our" experience and as a thank you to Antioch and to our fams and friends. The other folks standing with me are some of my fellow graduates: Simone, Christian, I, Betty Anne, and Bunny. It was good stuff, and Dad E. hopefully got it on video. If you're interested, here are the lyrics I made up...

I can remember -- way back, two years
Twenty-some strangers and Janie and Bateson and Bertalanffy
A systemic perspective -- How do you see the world?
Do you see pieces or do you see parts of a much larger whole?

Hood me now
Woah-oh! Master of Arts
M F T
Let homework stop -- Let income start

So many changes -- old faces and new
Full-time or part-time or one-time, you each deserve our gratitude
A word to the first-years -- Before we eject
Beyond all the models and theories, do not forget to just connect

Hood me now
Woah-oh! Master of Arts
M F T
Let homework stop -- Let income start

Hood me now
Woah-oh! Master of Arts
M F T (A licensed MFT)
Let homework stop -- Let income start

No more reflections -- No more critiques
One more Basic Skills Evaluation, and I think I'd have freaked
Does it sound like we're ready -- Did we want these hoods?
Well, let us be honest -- The question is 'Does a bear crap in the woods?' (Yes, it does! Yes, it does!)

Hood me now
Woah-oh! Master of Arts
M F T (A licensed MFT)
Let homework stop -- Let income start

Hood me now
Woah-oh! Master of Arts
M F T (A licensed MFT)
Let homework stop -- Let income start

2 comments:

RogE-P said...

Great stuff, B-Rad! Thanks for sharing and, again, CONGRATS! How's the move to Mass. going?

RogE-P said...

Brad, those pics are so rad. What an awesome ceremony - and an accomplishment certainly well worth celebrating! One question though: what's up with your advisor/boss holding the long orange accordian thingy?