Saturday, March 1, 2008

Aloha!

Although many of you did not know, Rebekah (Roo) and I were in Hawaii this past week, visiting her family.

Well, we've returned. As soon as I figure out how to get photos onto a Kodak.com account, I'll send y'all a link.

Hawaii is everything that everyone says it is and more. I was slightly skeptical, but it is a truly magical place. We were on Oahu (Roo's parents live just in a part of Honolulu called Manoa).

Also, I'm loving that others are trying to learn the guitar. Roo is also trying to learn! As TommyK said, it is a totally valid use of time. I just sat around playing notes that sounded good to me...never took a lesson, just watched others play and learned what I could from them. I also did my own thing for a couple years, before getting caught up in learning other people's songs. I'm glad I did that, but taking lessons is cool, too. My first and only unsolicited recommendation: buy an electric tuner and a guitar stand. I still don't have a stand yet, but I wish I did.

No comments: