Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hello from Washington (state that is)

Well, I am here

Hey y'all

Washington is not part of Super Tuesday. Our primaries take place on the 19th.

I'm not sure if this goes for the whole state, but in Whatcom county (my county) registered voters receive mail in ballots..no voting booths. Convienient yes, but at times I feel cheated out of the thrill from voting with my fellow registered comrades.

My point being, even though our primary has not taken place I have already voted. My vote went to Hillary.

be gentle with your judgements.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dad- if i may ask...Correct me if i am wrong of course but it seems that you feel more comfortable identifying yourself as a Republican. is it the fiscal policies, the social policies, foreign policies? What turns you off from the Democratic Party? Since it's hard to convey tone of voice... mine is of honest curiosity-no heat behind these questions. Love you pops!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam thanks for the reinvitation.

For those of you who were at Olliges Debauchery 07..it was quite a scene. glad it happened, my god i was in pain the next day.

Love,

Lis

2 comments:

Tom Eardley said...

lis,
I only consider myself a Republican from the position of smaller government;i.e. less micromanagement by the federal government;less taxation without representation;peace through strength with a strong national defense.These are some fundamentals.

Yet I believe we should reach out to our USA impoverished and third world impoverished countries by programs in unison with churches,charities and other non-profits. Areas such as AIDS/HIV education,prevention and medicine;food banks and agricultural and livestock skill education;work skills education;K-12 education programs;displacement job and career programs for the physically disabled, including our military disabled and wounded.

These are some of my beliefs and I am considering, as I have blogged, voting for Obama. My Republican viewpoint does not mean I march lockstep to the party. I vote for the best candidate that I deem would give us the strongest leadership.

I respect your and Bri's vote for Hillary because you are both educated and informed in your decision.

Hope that helps.
Love,
Dad
p.s. encourage Jason to blog with us.

lis said...

Thanks Dad-it does!
See you on Saturday Love you lis