Friday, February 15, 2008

To Brad and Tamo and anyone else who may read this

On McCain and rebellion and drumming support for our blog

Thanks Brad for recognizing my NPR(my favorite radio station to which Mary Ellen and I contribute) like promotion of our blog on our blog. I was trying to stir up the silent majority beyond the core group that seems to participate. Now that Adam opened up the floodgates of admin, perhaps that will help. I challenge all of us to go to Facebook, My Space and any other blog to invite others to participate, well now that would be promotion! By the way, please click on the link of driving miss hillary and view a funny photo of the theme.

On McCain being a rebel. I will admit that most of his voting records are consistently conservative but he is ironically rejected by the hardline right wingers;Limbaugh, Hannity, Dr. Dobson, Ann Coulter, et al. Flying into the nations capital this week I read the not so conservative Newsweek cover headline, "They Want Blood". The story testifies to the fact that the right wing of the Republican party, whom I personally disagree with most of the time, are out to get McCain. To the extreme of Dr. Dobson encouraging his constituents to drop out of voting this next presidential election.
The reason I percieve McCain the rebel is just this article stated above. The ultra right wing hates that he is not the reincarnation of Reagan, although they won't admit to it. He has on more than one occasion, told his party to stick it, including all the blowhards like Limbaugh and Savage. And it cost him dearly in the last campaign against Bush when McCain called out Jerry Falwell for being out of touch with most of the mainstream in America. I could go on, but do the research for yourself, including reading this article, and make your own conclusions.
Take Care And Keep On Blogging,
Tom Eardley

1 comment:

Brad said...

Dad-
You're obsessed.