Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Women for Hillary?

Hi, all (esp. Bri, Lis, [and Kells?]):
Here's a good article containing an overview of press on Hillary lately; it's from today's WaPo.  But it brings up one point I thought I'd throw out there. This is from the National Review:
"Hillary Clinton has a man problem. And this time, it's bigger than just Bill. Take a look at the exit polls coming out of the primaries thus far: Men are going for Barack Obama over Hillary Clinton. In California, men went for Obama, 51 percent to Clinton's 39 percent, according to the San Jose Mercury News. In South Carolina, 55 percent of men voted for Obama, with only 23 percent going for Clinton. (Edwards took the bulk of the rest.)"

So here's my question: do you read this as men not voting for Clinton because she's a woman, or as women voting for Clinton solely (or especially) because she's a woman? To betray my own gut, it seems like the latter certainly seems a strong possibility.

3 comments:

Brad said...

Tamo, you and I talked about this issue on the phone, and I'm glad you're bringing it up.

As I'm certain you agree, I'm VERY interested to hear more from all Hillary supporters.

Adam Tamashasky said...

Yes, I'm VERY, VERY interested. ( Wanted to up the ante there.) I posted this and the question in honor of our convo.

QUEEN CITY PAGETURNERS said...

1. i have a case with your mom in 1-hour.
2. your post is ambiguous: "betray your own gut." does that mean your gut says X but you say Y. and 'certainly seems' is problematic. if it is certain, say that. but 'seems' is a qualifer.

the crumudgeon speaks.