Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sweets! (et al)

Sweets: Buck, buck, buck!
My songs were "The Sadness," Ryan Adams; "Half a Person," the Smiths; "After All," Sondre Lerche; "In the Car," Barenaked Ladies; and "That's Me Trying," William Shatner (lyrics by Nick Hornby, Ben Folds and Aimee Mann back-up vocals).

I won (the show was last night)--of course, I kind of unfairly win because I tell all of  my students (from multiple semesters) to listen (but not necessarily to vote for me).  So Round Three will probably be in the next few weeks (it's the Elite Eight, now, I think--maybe even Final Four).

As to the ph7 on the politico front, that's Kool and the Gang.  I will say that it looks like Bouncin' Billy Cunningham made an ASS out of himself today at McCain's rally in Cincy.  Nice work, Billy.   The debate starts in eight minutes (Clinton and Obama, Sweets, in case you were wondering)--be there or be much cooler than some of us on this blog will no doubt be.

No comments: